LOUISVILLE, Ky.—The Forecastle Bourbon Lodge, Forecastle Festival’s acclaimed Kentucky Bourbon Trail outpost, will give Bourbon fans exclusive access to some rare sips this year when the three-day July music festival is held July 14-16.
According to a news release, Forecastle’s new Rarities Bar, presented by Liquor Barn and curated by category director Brad Williams, will feature some of the most sought-after, limited release Kentucky Bourbon expressions, many of which are exclusive to Forecastle.
In addition, the Rarities Bar will debut unique, one-of-a-kind blends, crafted by Williams and Forecastle Founder JK McKnight, available for sample only at Forecastle and purchase at select Liquor Barn locations.
The Rarities Bar will include the following Kentucky Bourbon Trail offerings and Liquor Barn Private Barrel Selections:
- Four Roses Al Young “50th Anniversary” Small Batch
- Four Roses Elliott’s Select 2016 Limited Edition Single Barrel
- Four Roses 2016 Limited Edition Small Batch
- Four Roses 2015 Limited Edition Small Batch
- Four Roses 2014 Limited Edition Small Batch
- Four Roses 2013 Limited Edition Small Batch
- Michter’s 10-Year Old Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey
- Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2016
- Old Forester “The Statesman”
- Orphan Barrel Rhetoric 23-Year Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey
- Orphan Barrel Barterhouse 20-Year Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey
- Whiskey Barons Collection Bond & Lillard
- Whiskey Barons Collection Old Ripy
- Wild Turkey Decades
- Wild Turkey 17-Year Master’s Keep
- Woodford Reserve Double Double Oaked
Liquor Barn Private Barrel Selections include:
- Elijah Craig 12-Year-Old Single Barrel
- Four Roses Barrel Proof Single Barrel (multiple selections)
- Knob Creek 14-Year-Old Single Barrel – Forecastle Selection
- Maker’s Mark Private Select Cask Strength, Forecastle Selection
All Rarities Bar offerings will be released at specific times throughout the festival, and will be available until limited quantities are depleted. A full schedule of releases will be shared prior to the festival and those with Bourbon Lodge memberships, currently available at ForecastleFest.com, will have exclusive early access to the release schedule.
The Bourbon Cares program returns in 2017 to further its aim of matching distillers with Kentucky conservation partners. This year’s program will pair Forecastle Bourbon brands with Forecastle Foundation conservation partners to support numerous Kentucky-based projects, including the Green River and Pine Mountain Wildlife Corridor initiatives. Forecastle attendees can purchase the single-barrel private selections by the drink in the Forecastle Bourbon Lodge or by the bottle at select Liquor Barn locations.
Bourbon Cares Private Barrel Selections include:
- Woodford Reserve Double Oaked
- Four Roses Single Barrel 100 Proof
- Old Forester Single Barrel
- Russell’s Reserve Single Barrel
According to the release, the sale of these private barrel selections will benefit some of the richest and highly threatened regions of biodiversity left in Kentucky, ranging from endangered shrimp and mussel-filled watersheds in Central Kentucky, to old-growth forests in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky.
Fireside Chats will return to Bourbon Lodge and offer an intimate living room setting for educational panels, speakers and demonstrations with industry experts, retailers, mixologists and master distillers. The full schedule and programming for Fireside Chats is coming soon.
To get tickets to the festival, as well as Bourbon Lodge memberships, visit ForecastleFest.com.